Shirodhara Ayurvedic Treatment
Shirodhara composed of two words "shiro" which means head ad "dhara" means continues stream. Shirodhara involves the continuous pouring of liquid on the forehead between the eyebrows for a specific period. The forehead is believed to be a place where the nerves are highly concentrated. The pressure of oil on the forehead causes vibration and the oil saturates the forehead and scalp, and penetrates into the nervous system. This warm soothing oil is made to continuously flow above the forehead for a limited period of time.
Benefits of Shirodhara Ayurvedic Treatment
- Promotes relaxation and helps in stress relief
- Enhances the blood circulation to the brain
- Improves Memory
- Nourishes the Hair and Scalp
- It calms the nervous system
- Reduces and Relieves Migraine Headaches
- Heightens the senses and the sensitivity of all five senses
- Post traumatic stress disorder
- Shift work sleep disorder
- Pre and Post menopausal issues.