Ayurvedic Steam Bath
Swedana Ayurvedic herbal steam bath is a form of therapy that uses herbal steam to release toxins from the body through the skin. Swedana is derived from the sanskrit word "Sweda" means "sweat" and during this therapy, sweat is released through the pores in the skin which release ama or toxins that are rooted deep in the body.
The herbal concoction of the steam can vary depending on what ailment needs to be treated or upon the doshic characteristics of the person being treated or upon the doshic characteristics of the person being treated and the condition of the skin or body.
Benefits of Swedana Ayurvedic Steam Bath
- Remove toxins from the skin
- Increase skin turgor
- Increases digestive power
- Remove stifness, heavyness and coldness of the body
- Remove blockage of srotas
- Helps in proper functioning of Doshas .
- Back Pain
- Abdominal Pain